focus: summertime


Last year was the first in which I made an official summer bucket list that I channeled intentional time and energy into completing; and even though my ambitions were distracted mid-summer by the news that we'd be moving, I still had a lot of fun with it.

I did hesitate this year, though, when considering whether to do a 2018 version. My word for this year is Focus, and in my overthoughtful way, I worried that creating a summer bucket list might distract from my efforts to really live deeply in all that word is encompassing for me right now. But then I saw the beautiful lists that two of my favorite bloggers created (in New Orleans and the Bay Area), and was reminded that my list doesn't have to be something so unique as to exclude ambitions and efforts I already have for day-to-day life.

In fact, perhaps my summer bucket list might be the perfect tool with which to Focus even more clearly on what I want to enjoy and celebrate and savor.

So here's the list I drafted for myself at the beginning of June, shared today to celebrate the first day of the summer season...
  • Make sweet tea every week.
  • Do something fun every month to explore.
  • Spend time at the pool.
  • See fireworks to celebrate the Fourth of July.
  • Lose pounds...healthily.
  • Visit the Louisville Zoo.
  • Enjoy summer treats (i.e. snow cones and local ice cream).
  • Make one scrapbook layout each week.
  • Visit the Jeptha Creed Distillery.
While simple, I am looking forward to all the life represented in each ambition.

What's on your list?

Comments

Popular Posts