this week was good because of...


...doing yoga on Tuesday evening (with a bit of company from Gru).

...a Saturday to myself (and getting lots of little things taken care of around the house and online).


...seeing one of my favorite bands in concert for a good cause.

...the sense of "fitting in" that I feel in the small group Bible study that Wildcat Guy and I are participating in (even when the humor is at our expense).


...a sweet treat while working on my Bible study.  (No, I didn't eat the whole tub in one sitting.)

...spending the evening scrapbooking.


...getting every item on my evening to-do list crossed off - not only on Monday, but also on Tuesday.

...this inspirational quote that a colleague shared in the email announcing her departure: "How can I find the place where my deep gladness meets the world's deep needs?"


...finding a book I'd been planning to order for super-cheap at the library (the day before I planned to order it!).

...the motivation to get out of bed on Wednesday morning to go for a walk.


...finding a movie I really like in the $5 movie bin.  What a great movie for a quiet Saturday night at home!

...not being too hard on myself for having a day of unhealthy eating moments.


...one of our office students sharing her gummy bears.

...the awesomely exciting (and slightly daunting) news that the conference bid my campus submitted for a student leadership conference was accepted!


...finding out that May is Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month.  How did I not know this before?

...a truly beautiful, inspiring, comforting reflection about body image and self-worth.

...an equally-inspiring reflection on productivity and priorities.


...a funny quote on an M&M bag.

...this recipe for turning my favorite soup into a sandwich.  I cannot wait to try this out!


...beautiful shoes that make me want to have one pair of shoes for the outdoor wedding ceremony and another pair of shoes for the indoor reception.  (Because nobody who knows me would find that strange, and it would mean I could consider purchasing these lovely heels!)


...discovering sweet tea vodka.  Hmm...may have to try that this summer!

...the great feeling of realizing that every. single. thing. I am buying at the local organic shop is on sale the day I went.


...making plans for an end-of-summer musical celebration (and my first trip to the Kentucky State Fair, which is included in the tickets).

...the silly little pleasure of having a presale code - and using it to get floor seats.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: just finished 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz

Comments

Catt Larson said…
GET. THE. HEELS!

Popular Posts