introducing the newest kitten

The fog comes on little cat feet.
It sits looking over harbor and city
on silent haunches and then moves on.


Allow me to introduce the newest member of Mom & Dad's household. Mom found her in the lavender bushes outside their house, maybe seven weeks old, and she's adorable. She even poses for pictures.

Perhaps best of all, they've only had her since Monday, and she already has a name! (Naming cats is not always that easy in our family!) Wednesday night, Mom and I spent some time looking through the Japanese dictionary and found a sweet name inspired both by her lovely grey coat and by the classic poem by Carl Sandburg - Kiri, which means "fog." Perfect.

Welcome to the family, Kiri!

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: the packing list for my Florida vacation

Comments

Popular Posts