thoughts of former family




Today has brought good news. I've found emails in my inbox from friends in the Houston area, letting me know they're safe. They don't know how their houses fared, as they've not yet made the journey home...but they themselves are safe. And that, as my friend Dave so eloquently stated in one of his email updates, is what matters.

And yet, after seeing so many images of the intense damage to familiar places on the island of Galveston, there is still one family that I wish I had news of...that I pray found safety off the island. I have no way of knowing...no way of contacting them...no way of ever finding out how they fared. But my prayers are with them nonetheless...with them and all the residents of Galveston who may now find themselves rebuilding.

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader by Mark Sanborn

Comments

Popular Posts