vacation by numbers

So I was going to write this awesome, totally entertaining series of posts detailing my fantastic road trip...and then I realized how unentertaining that might end up being. Instead, I've decided to share some of my favorite little moments...because I'm guessing that funny little vignettes like this one will be just a bit more fun for everyone to read. Before I tell any more of those, though, I couldn't resist sharing this list I kept while I was traveling, of the many different numbers that were represented in my travels.

18: days gone
2028: miles driven
6: states/districts visited (DC, PA, VA, MD, NC, SC)
5: friends' houses I stayed at
4: bags packed (including my camera bag)

7: pairs of shoes
19: postcards sent
1 and 2 halves: books read while traveling
284: text messages sent and received
800+: original number of pictures taken
630: final number of pictures kept

20: minutes waited for roadside assistance
2: visits in one day to Greco's for frozen treats
1: number of songs to be hit on at Hardware Bar
8: minutes from Shannon's house to the Metro
7: ducklings under the bridge by the FDR Memorial
16: blocks ridden on the King Street trolley
3: cars that experienced some sort of problem
39: minutes talked during the "first phone call"
6: dollars paid to ship paper home
406: pages in book about the Freer Peacock Room
3: disturbing displays about Indian-US relations
261: photos taken with new camera at National Zoo
5.46: miles walked with Dan while sightseeing
8: rides on the Metro
3: pregnant women at Cookin' at the Creek 2008
3: length (in feet) of our sparklers
5: dolphins seen at Wrightsville Beach
1: crushes I came home with

and lastly,

1: days it took to feel restless after getting home

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I'm reading: Wicked, and The Faith Club

Comments

You DROVE to all those places?!

Holy crap!

You should've included the money spent on gas!

Popular Posts