sleepeybear? more like grumpybear.

Today has just been one of those days. Heck, this week has just been one of those weeks. Things that have annoyed me include...

...the federal airline geniuses who think that solutions like cutting back on the number of flights from a given airport or increasing an airline's flight fees are going to help ease passengers' frustrations and concerns with the airline industry. Um, hello?! The only thing those two options will do is lead to increased hassles and increased prices. How does that make life easier or better for the people whom they're supposed to be helping?

...the ignorant reporters who think that the Yankees dressing their rookies up as characters from The Wizard of Oz for a plane ride is cute and amusing, yet will tear college students to shreds when similar "good-natured" incidents occur on collegiate sports teams or in Greek letter organizations. (Maybe it's the same writer?)

...the fact that my cookbook (with the recipe for the oatmeal cookies that I wanted to bake for my Grandpa for his birthday this weekend) is stored in a box in Mom & Dad's other house an hour away...when I needed to bake the cookies tonight. Which means the oatmeal cookies (that he traditionally loves) aren't quite as delicious this year.

...the crack in my windshield, and the windshield replacement company that's supposed to be here between 8 and noon tomorrow morning, but left a message today that it may be closer to 1 before they even arrive. Never mind that I specifically asked for the morning slot because I had plans tomorrow afternoon or anything.

...the whole "being single" thing. Normally, I'm so okay with it...because I have a lot of other craziness going on in my life right now that I need to straighten out before trying to have a relationship with someone. But when friends and co-workers are continually making sly comments about this good-looking guy or that attractive guy...when even more friends are getting married or pregnant...when scenes from the "Grey's Anatomy" season premiere hurt to watch...it's hard not to feel just a little lonely.

...the depressingly low number of jobs that I've found to apply for. In the two months since I've moved home, I've submitted two applications - one of which was for the temp job I have right now. I really want to be picky in the jobs I apply for, but good grief...I really want to work, too.

...the cultural void that means not being able to see the movies Across the Universe or Into the Wild in Kentucky. Seriously. I can't find a single theater in the state that is showing either of these films...not even in the "big" cities of Lexington or Louisville. Bah.

I wish I could chalk all this up to getting up on the wrong side of the bed. Sadly, since my bed is against the wall, I only have one side of the bed to get up on. So I don't really know why this week of all weeks is such a grumpy one. What I do know is this - I get to visit friends this weekend...enjoying some time with two adorable little children, devoting some quality time to scrapbooking, indulging in girl talk...essentially, some TLC for my emotional health. It could not come at a better time, and I cannot wait to start my weekend...after my windshield is fixed...whenever that will be.

Where I am: Lebanon, KY

Comments

I totally hear you on the being single thing - it shouldn't be this hard to find a decent guy. It's annoying as all get out.

Hoping you have a great weekend full of laughter, girl talk, and no stress. And Happy Early Birthday :)
Adrianne said…
perhaps it's the oncoming change in the season? I'm feeling a little annoyed with the world and with life right now as well. it shouldn't be quite this difficult... but you will get thru it. Enjoy your birthday and hopefully everything will turn around.

Popular Posts