what i did instead

So Saturday night, I had planned to go see a sneak preview of "Ratatouille" (rat-a-too-ee). Then a friend called and asked if I'd like to go to the Phillies game that night with him, his wife and another one of their friends.* Hmmm...let's think: go see a movie, or go see the Phillies play the Detroit Tigers (for free, I might add). Sorry to disappoint anyone who may have been waiting for a review of the movie, but I couldn't pass this up!



My first Phillies game was a fantastic experience (especially since I actually made it into the park this time)! We had great seats in the Hall of Fame Club section, and it was a good game...exciting enough to keep you interested, but laidback enough that the four of us who went got to talk and hang out, too.





The icing on the cake was the Phillies winning, 6-3. Nice. All in all, it was a great night with great company and entertaining conversations...the kind of night that was all the more fun because it was just a little spontaneous.

Where I am: Pennsylvania
What I'm reading: The journal of mortifying moments

* and no, this was not an attempt at a second double date. Just a married couple and their two friends hanging out...no awkwardness, no weird "seeing someone after you've gone on a date with them" moments...just that sense of "hey, good to see you, how've you been". Which was so cool, because even if he's not a match for me, he's a fun guy to be around.

Comments

Natalie Heitz said…
ok, so this comment isn't about the post...

my wedding made your calender! I feel so special! :-)

glad you had fun at the game...good pics! what kind of camera? (I just bought a new one, so I'm interested)

Popular Posts