to save the kittens

Josh has informed me that he misses my blog entries so much that he has resorted to unspeakable deeds. Although it's nice to know someone has missed my ramblings, I don't know that any entries I would have written in the past week and a half would have been all that interesting...so maybe he would have resorted to those deeds to stop me writing. Maybe he just needs to be kept away from kittens altogether.

'Cause here's the thing...I've had lots of things I've thought about writing here...about what's amusing me, keeping me busy, etc. Usually I've thought of these things during my day, and then by the time I get home and sit down at my computer, they just don't seem as entertaining as I had thought they would. Call it bloggers' block...whatever it is, it's meant that nothing's made it online lately. What have I been leaving out? Here's a look...

I could have shared my Grand Chapter stories...but I worried that the jokes and moments I found so hilarious would take too much explaining for everyone else to understand them. Not to mention that some of them are better left unshared outside of those who heard them in the first place.

I could have shared how much fun I had at the Creating Keepsakes convention I went to in Charlotte...but honestly, I think I've done well enough demonstrating just how much of a scrapbooking nerd I'm becoming. You guys don't need further proof. No, you don't.

I could have shared the excitement of friends' baby showers, pregnancies and engagements...but that would have been accompanied by a sense of loneliness and jealousy that is best left unpublished, at least until it's a little more manageable.

I could have shared the nice time I had at a birthday party last weekend for a co-worker's little boy...but worried I would go on and on and on and on and on about how darn adorable this one-year old is. (Did I mention how adorable he is?!)

I even could have shared the pleasant surprise of having a very cute delivery guy deliver my washer and dryer yesterday...but then I'd be forced to admit how completely unprepared and incompetent I feel to deal with cute guys and flirting and (dare I say it) the prospect of dating again.

I could have shared all these things, and more...but I didn't. And maybe I could have...maybe I should have...maybe I will. Until then, stay tuned for whatever I do (or don't) decide to write. And Josh? Well, just try to behave. You're supposed to be a role model now...for your students, and for your brothers. Heh.

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: Life of Pi

Comments

I can relate 100% to everything you mentioned in this post.

My life, of late, has not been very blogworthy. And the stuff that has, well, by the time I sit down to compose a thought, it's not nearly as interesting.

Nor do I have the motivation to write about it.

Make that TWO cases of blogger's block.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for saving the kittens. Josh should not be left to his own devices especially. Especially now seeing that he's new to Florida and has nothing better to do.

And welcome back. Sort of.

Popular Posts