When good ideas turn out well

Certain curious minds have inquired what this photo from last week was the cover of. Certain curious minds need to learn some patience. That, or I need to learn some self-restraint.

See, a couple of months ago, the creative part of my brain that I love and try to nurture took a few different concepts that were floating around in my head for eventual use - an album of the places I've traveled with the other consultants; an album made of paper lunch bags; and something that would let me use the wonderful "Oh the Places You'll Go" products I'd seen - and came up with one really neat idea: making a paper-bag album of the places I've traveled with the other consultants using the Dr. Seuss stuff. (I realize this is not rocket science, but I was still pretty pleased with the creativity coming together like that!)

Then the part of me that loves giving gifts thought, "If you're going to make one album, why not make four and give the copies to the other consultants?" So I did.

And I was so proud of the way they turned out that I couldn't resist sharing the cover last week. Why not more? Because the other consultants hadn't received their albums yet (that was part of the DC excursion), and at least one of them visits this page from time to time. And we all know a surprise is no fun if people know it's coming. But they have their albums now, so it's time for show-and-tell!

You've seen the cover -



and this is what the inside pages look like -





(The blank page on the right is for our trip to DC, and there are also four extra pages. Because we have too much fun together to not have trips in our future.) And finally, there's the back cover -



Wondering what those orange tabs along the side are? Glad you asked. Because the album is made of paper bags folded in half, there are pockets built into the pages. So I created little pull-outs with labels listing the names of the places shown in the pictures: Lancaster, Hershey, Philadelphia, Richmond, Baltimore, Memphis, the Poconos and Galveston.



Perhaps the most fun I had making the album was matching the quotes from the Dr. Seuss book to the pictures in the album. They ended up coordinating amusingly well! This was only the second time I've made an album for someone besides me; but I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. It's fun to know there's a little piece of history documenting the wonderful times I've shared with these three fantastic people.

Where I am: Home

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ohmigod. That is too cute. The paper bags! Oh! The Cuteness! Thank you for sharing!

Popular Posts