returning to "this week was good"


Several years ago, I started a weekly habit of reflecting on what had been good in those seven days. As time went by, it evolved into something that was more complicated to manage as I tried to include more and more - links to articles I'd appreciated, etc. - and the habit was easy to let fall to the wayside, especially as I posted here less in general.

As I have been settling into my 2020 word (centered) though, I've felt drawn back to establishing a more intentional practice of gratitude. Specifically, I feel a need to be more {centered}in the knowledge that where I am right now - emotionally, professionally, even geographically - has purpose. Then, earlier this month, I was reading an article in one of my favorite magazines about purpose, which included these two insights:

"I believe each of us can choose to see the purpose in where we stand today...if we can 
live more intentionally on the way, then perhaps every season can start to feel meaningful."

"What if your purpose comes from entirely unplanned circumstances, and 
suddenly, what you are meant to do is simply to respond with a full heart?"

Hmm. "A full heart." That sounds a lot like gratitude to me. So here I am, resuming my weekly practice with the simple intention to pause and reflect.


This week was good because of...

...the opportunity to practice grace for myself in the midst of an extremely challenging week at work.

...the support my husband provided when that week of work required my time and presence on the weekend.

...having courage to step outside my comfort zone and do a live Instagram feed.

...the reminder in today's sermon that all the preventive measures we are being called to implement in our lives are an act of love toward our neighbors.

...the delightful joy of life with our adorable cat.

...hanging pictures on the walls of our new home.

What made your week good?

Comments

Popular Posts