counting on two hands


Today, Wildcat Guy and I celebrate the fact that, six years ago, I worked up the courage to ask him - in a very bumbling, hilarious kind of way - what our status was; and in that same conversation, we decided, "it's just me and you."

Every time I hear this song by country artist Kelsea Ballerini, I am reminded of how grateful I am that we made that decision:

If you're gonna hold me, hold me like I'm leaving
If you're gonna kiss me, kiss me like you need it
Baby, if you're not, you best get to leaving
If you're gonna love me, love me like you mean it

If you're gonna talk the talk, you better walk it
If you wanna keep me, keep me like you lost it
If you're gonna say it, make me believe it
If you're gonna love me, boy, love me like you mean it

Because even on our difficult days, all it takes is a hug, a kiss, even a look to know that he loves me and means it.

(photo from March 2010 - our first as a couple)

Comments

Popular Posts