Sunday, February 28, 2016

this week was good because...


...I had an opportunity to reflect on the various privileges for which I'm grateful when it comes to winter weather. Simple things, like a little old pick-up truck that still gets me home in the middle of a snowstorm, and administrators who understand that employees want to leave work early to just get home.


But also things that are a little more complex, like the full-time, salaried position that enables me to feel financially okay when a work day is cut short (or when, in my case, I also decide to take the next day off). Like the emotional security of auto insurance and roadside assistance should something go wrong. Like the comfort of having a safe, warm home to return to.

Even on the days when I feel like my husband and I struggle, it's important for me to remember how fortunate we really are.

A lot to think about, sure, on a wintry day; but something that settled in my heart on Wednesday afternoon and weighed on my brain ever since.

No comments: