Sunday, August 09, 2015

this week was good because...


...Orientation Week went beautifully. Granted, it is in my nature to always consider how an event can be further refined the following year; but all things considered, I am quite pleased with how the week went. I also was proud of myself for doing my best to take care of myself throughout the week. There were a couple times when lunch consisted of whatever snacks I could grab as the day unfolded (which meant more brownies than I care to admit one day); but overall, I managed to eat decently (including breakfast every morning - no easy feat when I was leaving at 6 am!), get a reasonable amount of sleep, and even make it to Bible study on Tuesday evening.


...Wildcat Guy had the entire weekend off. That meant that, after a very intense week of leaving early, getting home late, and not seeing him very much in the evenings, we got to hang out at a leisurely pace all weekend long. It was delightful! We spent Saturday morning at Eastern Market, where we treated ourselves to snacks from the food trucks; enjoyed a movie on Saturday evening; and had our traditional Sunday. I was grateful for the extra time together on a weekend.

What made your week good?

No comments: