this week was good because of...


...one last day of beautiful autumn weather, with sun glowing in the leaves.

...book group discussions that stretch my brain and my perspective.


...keeping a heart of welcome and amusement for a day of crazy-early snow.

...the satisfaction of a good metaphor in my conversation with a student.


...BBQ sausage quesadillas. Tastier than I expected (and much tastier than the enchilada sauce I was supposed to use!).

...the much-appreciated boost (to my ego and my confidence) that comes from receiving my first offer of a phone interview.
 

...a delightful taiko drumming concert.

...reorganizing my closet for the colder season.

...reorganizing my kitchen cabinets to accommodate wedding gifts and clean out those no-longer-needed items.


...making Oreo truffles for friends' and colleagues' birthdays.

...the comfort and inspiration I draw from my love's support and encouragement.


...(finally!!!) getting started on the December Daily 2012 mini album. Because maybe - just maybe - I can get it done before December Daily 2013 begins.

...this simple, yet revolutionary statement about preserving identity in a relationship: "There are three characters that make up a relationship: you, your partner, and the relationship."Yes!


...a lunchtime combination of foods that leaves me satisfied. Like, all afternoon. Oh, and I think it's pretty healthy, too?

...the heart-wrenching, heart-warming story of a woman's journey through tragedy.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: The World Unseen (yes, still) by David George Haskell

Comments

Popular Posts