Sunday, November 17, 2013

this week was good because of...


...one last day of beautiful autumn weather, with sun glowing in the leaves.

...book group discussions that stretch my brain and my perspective.


...keeping a heart of welcome and amusement for a day of crazy-early snow.

...the satisfaction of a good metaphor in my conversation with a student.


...BBQ sausage quesadillas. Tastier than I expected (and much tastier than the enchilada sauce I was supposed to use!).

...the much-appreciated boost (to my ego and my confidence) that comes from receiving my first offer of a phone interview.
 

...a delightful taiko drumming concert.

...reorganizing my closet for the colder season.

...reorganizing my kitchen cabinets to accommodate wedding gifts and clean out those no-longer-needed items.


...making Oreo truffles for friends' and colleagues' birthdays.

...the comfort and inspiration I draw from my love's support and encouragement.


...(finally!!!) getting started on the December Daily 2012 mini album. Because maybe - just maybe - I can get it done before December Daily 2013 begins.

...this simple, yet revolutionary statement about preserving identity in a relationship: "There are three characters that make up a relationship: you, your partner, and the relationship."Yes!


...a lunchtime combination of foods that leaves me satisfied. Like, all afternoon. Oh, and I think it's pretty healthy, too?

...the heart-wrenching, heart-warming story of a woman's journey through tragedy.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: The World Unseen (yes, still) by David George Haskell

No comments: