two-page tuesday:getting done

Two-page Tuesday started with an end. I had a layout that had been mostly done for a few months, but then I moved and started a new job and blah, blah, blah. So last night, finishing that page was my first priority. It looks so pretty, too - the activities in the photos are set amongst the woods in October - so lots of greens and browns...but people in the photos are wearing the vibrant blue that is our school color. I was excited, then, to find a way to highlight the browns and greens with papers from this Basic Grey collection while embracing the bright blue that did not coordinate at all!

Sadly, because the photos feature not only coworkers, but students, as well, I decided not to share it here. You'll just have to trust me when I say it looks great.


This spread, on the other hand, I am happy to show you! This is the point from which I started last night - with the left side made and the right side not.
 

I like doing these birthday spreads, featuring random photos and cards and stuff from that year's birthday...but sometimes, the pages come together more easily than others.


The colors in that sunset photo were what inspired my use of this collection by Bo-Bunny...even though the colors in some of the photos and cards didn't exactly coordinate.


Ultimately, I liked the final product - it's quirky and fun, which is not always the result I get (or even aim for, to be honest). The tilted pieces...the mix-and-match...not tricks that come easily to my straight and matching mind! So this was good practice for me.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: The Power of Less by Leo Babauta

Comments

Popular Posts