two-page tuesday: last week

(So...I have all these posts floating in my brain - with accompanying photos sitting on my computer. Which means I'm a bit behind in my story-telling. Thanks in advance for your patience with the slightly delayed stories I'm going to try to share in the next couple of weeks. They may not be uber-current, but they still feel worth sharing.)


Last Tuesday, my goal was to get a collection of cards made. The first was a congratulations card for a friend who had a baby in mid-April. (Yes - I am behind in more than just blogging.)  For some reason, my brain doesn't always go with the normal - which means that I used the baby feet stickers on the envelope and opted for a less typical design on the card.


Nice! I had made myself a cup of tea to drink while I scrapbooked - but it was a sweet treat (literally!) when Wildcat Guy poked his head into the room to ask if I wanted a freshly baked cookie. Yes, please.


So I mentioned that my brain doesn't always go toward normal. Interestingly enough, it sometimes goes directly to normal - sometimes in the same evening. I made this card for a friend who's expecting a baby, to offer happy thoughts.


Thankfully, birthday cards come a little easier. I loved how this turned out, especially since I got to use the cake sticker with a spring underneath it.


Lastly, I made a card for my mom for Mother's Day. Something simple, sweet and lovely - with soft colors that I just loved pulling together.

I usually try to fit a card or two in amongst other page work; but with five cards to make (the four I've shown, plus the graduation card I made for Wildcat Guy), it felt like a good option to do them all in one night. It also felt wonderful to have my Tuesday evenings back - now that the students are gone for the summer, my evenings are entirely mine. So delightful!! I can't wait to see what I can get done in the Tuesdays ahead.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (finally!!)

Comments

Popular Posts