this week was good because of...


...a beautiful reminder of the qualities love should display.

...a free Saturday crop at the local scrapbook store.

...hearing this soothing worship song at church this morning.


...finding just the right little something for his Easter basket.

...thoughtful, caring questions from friends.


...the lovely new blouse I found at my go-to clothing store for Easter.

...making time (almost) daily to complete the reflections for the small-group study Wildcat Guy and I are doing.

 

...making an Easter Sunday brunch again - with fresh fruit, muffins, crisp bacon and scrambled eggs.

...the end of the college basketball season.


...a great little preview of the book I just ordered.

...further admiration for the grace and courage this brave woman brings to everyday life.

...the delightful music video Stephanie mentioned on her blog earlier this week...and the amazing featurette of how the video was made.


...watching Gru become spellbound by this hilarious YouTube clip (one of my favorites).

...the way he wants so badly to sit on my lap, but settles for Wildcat Guy's lap while still trying to slowly maneuver his way onto mine.

 

...the chocolate cinnamon loaf bread at Starbucks.

...time on Friday afternoon to sit and journal.

 

...the uniquely-colored tulips that Wildcat Guy brought me.

...giving my students the space to stress, vent and be upset.


...the amusement of seeing a tiered ponytail as the "next new style."  Does anyone else remember this style from middle school?

...a simple, informative visual website about the practice of fracking.
 

...a free Blue Bell ice cream cone from the local candy and ice cream shop (as part of the ongoing faculty-staff appreciation events my college hosts).

...sitting on the patio with some colleagues to relax and chat - I mean, work.


...the pretty artwork on these bottles of sake.

...two new-to-me blogs (one and two) that I'm enjoying reading right now.


...the first hike of the year...and in my new hiking boots, no less.


...having Friday off and the neat way that sharing a day off with Wildcat Guy felt - almost a sneak peak of what Saturdays might be like in the future.


...appreciating the awesomeness of this scoop and the ease it brings to filling cupcake liners with batter.


...dinner with Wildcat Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother-in-law and Nephew.


...cupcakes to celebrate Easter and springtime.

...triple lemon pound cake.

...a thought-provoking list about things to sacrifice for happiness.


...BBQ potatoes and big plates of salad for dinner.

...a brief Easter chat with Mom and Dad.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

Comments

Popular Posts