this week was good because of...

...a day of scrapbooking with one of my best friends.

...getting away from campus for a couple of days.

...good conversation about light-hearted and serious topics.

...a warm chocolate-chip cookie from Max and Erma's.

...making lots of good decisions about what I eat.

...the willingness to try new foods - like brussel sprouts!

...hearing Scripture verses and others' comments that helped me put the upcoming challenges and tasks of the week in perspective.

...a beautiful quote that made me think of Wildcat Guy.

...the season premiere of a guilty-pleasure TV show.

...the simple fact that I survived a challenging, stressful and frustrating week.

...playing chess, MarioKart and table hockey with two awesome kids (even if they do beat me).

...a kind, appreciative email from one of my student staff that reminded me how even the smallest gestures can make a big difference to my students.

...an interesting read about this generation of students.

...this adorable postcard in my mailbox on Friday.

...Wildcat Guy's amazing patience when I'm having the Triple Crown of cranky days (i.e. hungry, exhausted and at that time of the month).

...a hilarious interpretation of the careers meme going around on Facebook.

...how sausage slices always spread out so evenly and flatly in jambalaya (no matter how they're piled in the pan).

...the online version of a weekly newspaper.

...a thoughtful, captivating play about love, acceptance and community.

...watching Gru play - with his chirpy bird, with his tail - and being amused by his crazy streak that comes out sometimes.

...combining a coupon and sale for a great deal on scrapbooking storage boxes.

...a great idea for lunch boxes.

...another successful (if lopsided) king cake.

...supportive colleagues who are willing to listen when I have difficult experiences with students.

...an interesting reflection on celebrating successes.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: the December 2011 issue of Smithsonian

Comments

Popular Posts