"isn't it ironic?" - a moment in baking

i-ro-ny (noun) - an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected. (per Dictionary.com)

Last week, I chopped up half a bag of Oreo cookies to use in a delicious-sounding recipe I'd seen for white chocolate cookies-and-cream fudge. Because this sounded like something fun to take to the office for Valentine's Day.

And it is, indeed, delicious. Melt-in-your-mouth delicious that is awesomely sweet and just a little bit crunchy. My colleagues were happy people.

But I had to laugh when I realized the interesting contradiction presented by the chocolate sandwich cookies with pink frosting that I made for my student staff for the same holiday. Why yes - yes, I did chop up a batch of Oreo cookies to blend into one recipe, only to use a second recipe to make a homemade version of the same cookie. All in the same day.

Such is life in my kitchen.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry

Comments

Popular Posts