happy "our valentine's" day!

Because of our weekly schedules, celebrating Valentine's Day on Tuesday wasn't a possibility. So we made Thursday "our Valentine's Day" - and what a lovely celebration we had!

Wildcat Guy surprised me a couple weeks back when he told me he wanted to take me to dinner at The Melting Pot for Valentine's Day. I'd mentioned a while ago how much I liked the food there, but it's not exactly a place I'd ask him to take me for one of our regular date nights, you know?

And even though it still felt a little indulgent, I can't deny how much I enjoyed our dinner. Wildcat Guy had never been to a fondue place, so it was a neat experience to share with him, and the food is really delicious. We had a spinach and artichoke cheese fondue to start, followed by a wedge salad, and then the entree plate came out.

Something I love about the fondue meals there is the slow pace of eating. When we first saw the plate of meats, we thought, "hmm - that doesn't look like much for the two of us." We definitely had our fill, though - of plump shrimp, sushi-grade ahi tuna, lightly herbed chicken and two types of seasoned beef - and the rich flavors only enhance the satisfaction.

But let's be honest - the highlight of the evening's meal was the dessert fondue, hands-down. Wildcat Guy is a fan of white chocolate, so we decided that the Yin-Yang fondue (with half a pot of dark chocolate and half a pot of white chocolate) was a perfect choice. (The plate of dippers that came with it wasn't bad either - rice krispie treats, oreo-crusted marshmallows, fresh strawberry slices and thick fudge brownies, to name a few.)

In short, we had an absolutely delicious meal and a delightful evening of good conversation.

Oh, and yes - there were gifts. Now I was very proud of the slightly corny gift I got for Wildcat Guy. We've talked a lot about adopting a dog once we're living together and have a yard - but since that's not going to happen any time soon, I couldn't resist this adorable bulldog stuffed animal from IKEA, paired with a sweet, slightly romantic Disney movie that just came out on DVD.

His gifts for me were, as always, perfect. Inspired by all the doughnut recipes on one of my favorite food blogs, I'd asked for a doughnut pan - and to go with that (because he just can't bear the lack of surprise in a gift), he got me a gift certificate for a pedicure and a colorful bouquet of flowers.

I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful man to love and to share my life with. He takes such good care of me, and I'm so blessed by his love. So while it may seem silly to focus a celebration of our love on one day (and such a corporate day, at that), celebrating "our Valentine's Day" was sweet and fun.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: The Deep by Peter Benchley

Comments

Popular Posts