this week was good because of...



...time relaxing at home.

...finally reading a book that I was hesitant about - and realizing it's just as relevant for me as its predecessor.



...a lovely bouquet of daisies from Wildcat Guy.

...indulging my craving for stationery wi$ely (in the dollar section of Michael's!).



...the divine champagne truffle from Tinker's Cake Shop.

...attending my first (and likely only) bridal show.

...sharing snarky commentary with Mom.



...watching Atlantis' final launch online.

...making time for breakfast every day.



...crepes, french fries and milkshakes at the diner before we left Wilmington.

...a really sweet conversation with a former student - that made me very proud of her, and very thankful for the opportunities my job provides to make even a small difference.



...an awesome live concert on the last leg of the drive home.

...seeing Fourth of July fireworks as we drove past town after town.

...sweet tea from Bojangles.



...wearing my new swimsuit for the first time - cute and comfortable.

...a Saturday full of "me time."



...delicious chicken taco pizza.

...finishing our departmental hiring process in early July - as opposed to early August (which has been the habit for at least the past three summers).



...neat stamps on an envelope from home.

...letting myself have a frazzled moment on the first day of work after vacation...then taking a deep breath, collecting myself and plunging into my to-do list.



...using leftover veggies to make stirfry.

...his company at the grocery store.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: Paula Deen & Friends: Living It Up, Southern Style; and re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Comments

Popular Posts