a simple mediterranean delight




I found this recipe for Orzo Salad with Zucchini and Feta in June's issue of Real Simple magazine, and here's the thing...it's absolutely delicious. It's super easy. Oh, and it is a huge bowl of yumminess. So it would be great for a cookout or a dinner party...or for tasty leftovers to take to work for lunch the next day.



I served it with turkey burgers (made with a bit of Greek seasoning)...but I think it would go just as well with steaks, chicken, maybe even pork chops. I don't know. What I do know is how much I am enjoying this very simple, very wonderful dish. Enjoy!

(ingredients)
8 ounces, orzo pasta
3 tablespoons, olive oil
3 tablespoons, white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon, crushed red pepper
3/4 teaspoon, salt
1/4 teaspoon, black pepper
1 and 1/4 pounds, small zucchini (3-4), sliced in half-moons
6-8 ounces, crumbled Feta cheese

(instructions)
1. In a large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, red pepper, salt and black pepper. Add the sliced zucchini, and let marinate for about 20 minutes, tossing occasionally.

2. Cook the orzo according to the package directions. Drain and run under cold water to cool.

3. Add the orzo and Feta to the zucchini mixture, and toss to combine. Serve immediately, or refrigerate.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: The Memory-Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

Comments

Popular Posts