"i just called..."




There comes a point in every new relationship when you realize that it's not just about attraction or chemistry...when it becomes clear that the person is starting to genuinely care about you. This past week, I think Security Guy and I reached that point.

I saw a hint of it last weekend, when he sent me a couple of text messages while I was in Louisville, wishing me a good weekend and saying that he hoped I had fun out with my friends. I saw more of it last night, when he was asking about my trip this weekend and dropping semi-joking hints about not getting into too much trouble with Shannon.

But tonight - tonight was the most convincing incident yet. He called for just a few minutes before going to bed, to say hi and wish me a fun trip. As our conversation was ending, he then asked me to let him know when I arrive in Michigan tomorrow. So he'll know I got there safely.

Even though things are still new between us...even though it still feels casual in a lot of ways...hearing him ask that was heart-warming in a very sweet way. Because to be cared about like that...to have someone be thinking of me and waiting to hear if I've arrived safely...it feels amazing.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: just finished the third book in Dean Koontz's Frankenstein trilogy

Comments

Popular Posts