pound cake...with a twist




When I saw this recipe for Pink Lemonade Pound Cake in the February-March issue of Semi-Homemade, I knew...just knew...it would taste delicious. Then I almost ruined it last night, when I realized about a minute after the pan went in the oven that oh - I forgot to put the eggs in. Eeek! So I quickly poured the batter back in the bowl, added the eggs and crossed my fingers that it wouldn't affect the end results.

Thankfully, the end result was genuinely delicious. Even better than I imagined. And I think some of the amazingness of the taste comes from its surprise. It's a plain-looking little cake with no icing or garnish...nothing to indicate what it's going to taste like. Then you take a bite of this soft, somewhat dense cake, and all of a sudden, there's this burst of tangy flavor. Absolutely love it!

It's a perfect treat for summertime, and definitely one recipe I'll be baking again.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: (nothing)

Comments

Popular Posts