if only i knew who you are


"what I'd give to let you love me...
find out everything that brings you joy.
wake up to your face above me.
I'd be that girl and you could be that boy.
find out what that feeling is.
oh, what I'd give."

I am enthralled by Sugarland's song, "What I'd Give." This song is so earthy and sensual...so full of longing and desire...so connected to what I'm feeling right now. I just don't know who "that boy" is going to be.

He's out there somewhere, living his life...and one day, our paths will cross. We'll get to know each other...learn each other's quirks and faults...decide that we like each other regardless...be comforted by each other after long, difficult days...realize we can't imagine waking up to anyone else's face. And I remind myself daily that all of this will happen when the time is right.

But "oh, what I'd give." To find you. To spend time with you. To fall in love with you. To find comfort and joy in you. If only I knew who you are.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: Rain Song by Alice J. Wisler

Comments

Alice J. Wisler said…
Thanks for reading Rain Song! Hope you enjoy it.

~ Alice
author of Rain Song and How Sweet It Is
Anonymous said…
Boy, can I relate to this, Colleen...

I think I'd love this song - I must find it and listen!

Happy Wednesday :)
Unknown said…
When I saw the lyircs "What I'd give..." at first, I actually thought these were the lyrics to "Keep You." Yeah, same album, much more depressing song, that would make for a much more depressing blog. Good choice.

Popular Posts