"feels content...life is good."




(from my journal, 28 October)

I am unusually content today...content with who I am...with my life. I feel as though I am doing what I should be; I am where I'm supposed to be; and I'm happy with that. No longing for something different. No wishing for someone to fill a void. A simple sense of peace with myself, and a recognition that even meeting cute boys doesn't have to throw my equilibrium off...add some joyful laughing moments, sure, but not distract me from the real joy and happiness of simply living my life. That contentment feels good...fulfilling...full of grace.

I wrote this the other day, shortly before I went to bed, to capture the peaceful sense of goodness that I was feeling. I don't know how long this contentment will last, but I do know how much my soul is enjoying it.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: Weddings magazine (man, I love being a bridesmaid!)


(title quoted from my Facebook status)

Comments

Popular Posts