this week was good because of...

…the fun, sometimes unexpected things that happen on a college campus…like finding a corral of camels as part of a Middle Eastern cultural tent.



…the first weekend of college football, and an easy win to start Boston College’s season.

…being at my friend’s wedding this weekend…she looked beautiful, and the reception was fantastic.



…talking with one of my best friends…a treat in itself because it was the first real conversation I’d been able to have with anyone since I started my new job…but even better because I got to hear her baby on the phone for the first time.

…my first trip to the gym in over a year.

…all the handsome Carolina boys I got to watch during my layovers at the Charlotte airport.

…the shrimp roll at Coastal Flats and a side of French fries.

…a more normal schedule, including evenings that feel a bit more of my own.

…flying again, for the first time since March.

…the challenges I’m assuming in my new role.

…the comfort of knowing that friends on the Gulf coast are safe.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I’m reading: just finished Sisters, Ink

Comments

Gin said…
What made my week good? Those same camels, and logging 40.4 miles on foot instead of in a gas guzzling vehicle. :)
Anonymous said…
What made my last week good? Only going to school for three days and having a four day weekend.

In which I did nothing but indulge in reading, eat fried seafood, lounge in the sand, and float in the Atlantic :)

Popular Posts