a small request in this busy hurricane season

Please keep the Houston area in your thoughts and prayers over the next few days. Certain areas of the county (in addition to more immediate coastal areas) are under mandatory and voluntary evacuation now, and depending on where the storm actually lands, the potential for flooding and damage is quite high. This is an area that has flooding problems during seasonal summer rainstorms...so a hurricane bringing in storm surge by the foot, well, yeah - it could be bad.

There are so many people I've been thinking of this morning...friends and acquaintances - in Houston and in Galveston - that I know will be safe, but about whom I still worry...even people who live farther north in the state and may be affected by the storm once it makes landfall and moves inland. My thoughts will be with them throughout the next few days and after, as we wait to see what Ike does and what he leaves behind.

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: the weather reports!

Comments

Popular Posts