i really didn't need an explanation...but thanks for making me laugh

Had I written this post yesterday, it would have been titled, "i think i made it pretty easy for you" and would have focused on me trying to figure out how hard it could really be for a guy to accept a girl's offer to visit him...especially when he was the one who invited her...who said "yes" when she asked if he'd like to see her again.

Ah, the difference a day makes.

You've heard the story...guy and girl meet...guy stays in touch with girl, even though he knows she's from out of state...guy asks girl (three different times!) when she might be in town again. Guy even admits at one point that a subsequent night out was just not as much fun without girl there...that he misses her. Say it with me. "Awww." After much consideration, girl finally decides that, even if this is just a fling, it would be fun to hang out with this guy again. She makes the necessary arrangements, sends him the possible dates, and then...waits. Hmm. For a guy that talked such a big game, he sure is taking his time to say, "great, that works, can't wait to hang out/drink/dance/make out/whatever with you."

Because really, there were no serious expectations for this scenario. There never have been. From day one, it's been a fun thing...enjoying his attention, appreciating his effort, and yes - wanting to see him again...for fun. So to try to reassure him of that, I sent him a message last night commenting that there were only two more days until the weekend, and asking (in what I thought was a light, flirty way) how many days it would be until I got another kiss.

Let me share just part of his response:

I don't know. That's what all the girls say that I make out with. You're just one of the few girls I gave my number to. That night with you is like every weekend for me. Anyways I can't this week and next weekend I am going to [a nearby city to visit a friend].

Hmmm. This from the guy who told me he had no game. Who (with no prompting from me) said on more than one occasion that he's not met any other girls. Okay.

He goes on to explain that he doesn't want me to make a special trip just to see him...that he worries I'd be disappointed or bored...that he's not interested in dating right now...that he just wants to make friends (and reap the benefits)...that he'd rather I just look him up the next time I'm in town. Riiiiight. Like that's gonna happen. Because having a guy tell me I'm just another girl in his harem definitely makes me want to hook up with him ever again.

I'm so entertained by this. All he had to do was say that neither of the weekends I'd mentioned worked for him...that maybe it would just be best if I looked him up the next time I was in town. Plain, simple and to the point, right? But oh no...not this guy. This guy decides to explain his decision...to help me understand why he'd rather I didn't come visit. I wonder if he realizes that what he really did was make himself look like a jackass.

Excuse me while I go laugh some more.

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I'm reading: Celebutante, and The Faith Club

Comments

Joy said…
Wow, what a jerk! I'm sorry to hear things did not work out. All you can do is just shake your head and laugh more. Did he seriously think he would ever hear from you again with an email like that? Some men are quite delusional about who they are.
Anonymous said…
This was just further confirmation for me that men don't mature at all as they get older.

What an ass!

So glad you didn't waste any more time on this jerk!
OH Joneses said…
Glad you're laughing... I want to drive to PA myself and punch him in the face... WHAT A JERK!! Seriously though, come up to Lebanon this weekend. It's Blues Fest time and I could use some serious girl time!! Just you and I on the streets of Lebanon ;)

Yuck, what a toolbox!!

Popular Posts