this week was good because of...

While I was visiting friends last weekend, I had the opportunity to attend a small-group Bible study with them Sunday evening. As we began, the group leader commented that, too often, we can let ourselves get caught up in the week's frustrations and challenges, when it could be just as (if not more) worthwhile to think about the success and joy of our week. So he asked us to each share one thing from the past week that we were thankful for, that we had been happy about...one thing that made our week good.

I loved that exercise! What if that was something we were able to do each week? What if, each week, we looked back - even briefly - and acknowledged the unique blessings we'd received in that time? Even if they were the smallest, simplest things. I think I'll give it a try...here, every Sunday, starting today. This week was good because of...

...the few extra days I was able to spend with my friend and her little ones.

...the talented photographer and other craftspeople I met at the Heart of Kentucky Arts Festival on Saturday.

...the fun I'm having helping Mom decorate the living room.

...the beautiful jewelry I purchased at an antique show.

...the pleasure of trying on fabulous and totally sexy shoes:

...the delicious pumpkin pancakes smothered in maple syrup that I made for breakfast this morning.

...the joy of this song on the radio.

That's what made my week good. What made your week good??

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I'm reading: The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

Comments

What made my week good:

1) Venting about my job prospects with a friend in a similar position over mudslides at Fridays

2) Catching up with my pregnant high school friend and getting a belly pic

3) Reconnecting with my college newspaper friends via Facebook

4) Mother's Day brunch with my mom

What makes this week good (so far):

Going to see New Kids at the Garden in the fall. *Is so excited she can barely stand it!*
Anonymous said…
1) My Dad and brother going on a vacation together and stopping by to see me on their way back home.

2) John planting a vegetable garden in my backyard (well, starting to, anyway!)

3) My friends who live close to where the tornados touched down not having any damage to their houses and apartments.

4) A good rainstorm to fall asleep to.

Great exercise indeed!

Popular Posts