"some day, my prince will come"

…and according to my friend Matt, he’ll be arriving within the next two years.

See, Matt has a lot of theories about men, women and relationships, many of which he was kind enough to share with me last week in Boston during our student affairs conference. I loved those conversations, mainly because they helped me understand men’s behavior in a way I’ve never been able to before – so yeah, that big lightbulb that lit up over downtown Boston last week was me exclaiming, “oh my gosh, I get it now!”

Mixed in with all of this revelation was some in-depth conversation on what I was looking for in a guy, particularly “the one”…which led Matt to another theory that goes something like this: I’m a good enough catch that, if I would just be a little more realistic in my interactions with guys, finding “mr. right” will be a heck of a lot easier and happen a lot more quickly than I might expect. Emboldened by these observations (and possibly the beer), Matt then proceeded to make a pretty significant prediction: that two years from now, I will be happily married.

I think I may have laughed when he said this…but he persisted. So we made a friendly little wager that he will win if I’m married by the 2010 conference. And as much as I hate to lose a bet, I have to admit…in this case, nothing would make me happier.

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I’m reading: Water for Elephants

Comments

Popular Posts