another bad comeback video

So did anyone else know that Paula Abdul is trying to do the comeback thing musically? I must have missed that news somewhere, because I just heard about the new track - "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow" - this morning, in a little entertainment news bit regarding the video.

And I like the song. It's fun...the kind of song that would keep me entertained on a long drive in the car, or be good background music while I'm getting ready to go out dancing with my girlfriends. But the video? I'm a bit disappointed.



The choreography of the other dancers is pretty good, but the whole thing just looks so thrown together and low-budget. For a fun dance song like this, surely they could have put something more intriguing together, right? Even the (presumably lip-synched) live version was more entertaining. And if anyone can tell me what purpose the quick shot at the end with her fellow Idol people serves, I'd love to know...because it seemed so out of place to me.

Sigh...what a shame. First Britney's disappointing attempt, now Paula.

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I'm reading: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Comments

Popular Posts