"open up your heart and show me that you're true"

some things in this life may just pass you by
they’re gone forever in the blink of an eye
this time you gotta do what you always had to do
so open up your heart and show me that you’re true
now you’ve only got a moment boy
to get it right, to get it right, to get it right, to get it right

if you really wanted me you’d show me how
I’m your little remedy if you take me now
if you really wanted me you’d show me how
I’m your little remedy if you take me now

- from “little remedy” by sandi thom

After recent conversations with my friends Catt and Brown-eyed Girlie, I listened to the lyrics of this song this afternoon with new ears. Love the line, “if you really wanted me, you’d show me now.” Because while there are some girls who enjoy playing games and being coy, I’m not one of them. To be a bit cliché, life seems too short. So I’m always pretty impressed when a guy isn’t afraid to show his interest…when he isn’t afraid to demonstrate – through words or actions – how he feels about me.

And I’m not talking grand, extravagant gestures. Those are certainly nice, but what always stand out – what always make the biggest impression – are the little things. Like the guy who sends me a text message commenting on the outcome of my football team’s game on a Saturday afternoon. Like the guy who remembers to call me to say happy birthday. Like the guy who will come right out to say, “I’d like to see you again.” Those are the things that impress me…that make me think to myself, “I don’t know if there’s a connection here, but I’d certainly be interested in exploring the possibility further.”

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I’m reading: The Devil’s Teeth by Susan Casey

Comments

Popular Posts