the only thing better than a three-day weekend

The only thing better than a three-day weekend is a four-day weekend. Ah, the perks of only working four days a week. Not that I did anything big - there were no travels involved, no well-laid plans. But what a nice four days it was, full of good stuff like...

...having dinner with my grandpa on Friday.

...spending Saturday afternoon shopping with Mom. Even though it's a little depressing to think we had to drive an hour to shop at places like Barnes & Noble or Old Navy, we had a nice "day out", and got to take advantage of some great Labor Day sales.

...watching the tail end of Boston College's victory over Wake Forest. That's one win down, eleven more to go.

...getting all kinds of scrapbooking done, and feeling like I'm making some progress at being "caught up".

...enjoying the luxury of spending an afternoon lost in a good book.

It always feels so nice to slow down and relish the pace of a holiday weekend...now if only I could bring that feeling into every weekend.

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I'm reading: just finished The Pact by Jodi Picoult

Comments

Popular Posts