my official certificate of dorkiness arrived this morning

So I'm snoozing in bed this morning, enjoying that awake-but-not-quite feeling, still undecided as to when I may actually be getting up, when the doorbell rings. 8:30 on a Saturday morning, and someone is ringing the doorbell. Huh. I'm not answering that.

But wait. It's Saturday. Saturday, July 21. That means - oh, that's the UPS guy downstairs! So I jump out of bed, pull on my pajama bottoms, slide my glasses on and trot down the stairs, all to the sound of the UPS truck idling outside. I open the door, and there it is.



It's my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! Yay. It's here. And yes, I realize I might be a total dork for being this excited about, of all things, what is technically a children's book. But for the record - I don't care. I have my book, and that makes me happy. So if you'll excuse me, I have some reading to do.

Where I am: Pennsylvania
What I'm reading: um, duh!


edited 7:15 p.m....the great thing about spending the day at the pool is that it meant I had the perfect venue to sit and read. So I sunned and read for about four hours, ran a couple of errands on my way home, and then parked myself on the couch to finish reading what is a really great end to the series. I won't spoil it (because that would just be mean!)...instead I'll simply recommend reading Karen's great summary of possible endings , some of which do happen; and say that it's amazing how JK Rowling answered the big questions that have spanned the series while incorporating wonderful details that may have been forgotten otherwise. Wow.

Comments

Happy reading, Colleen! But please, no spoilers - I'm only on Book 5. I have 5 books to finish from my current library trip before I can pick it up.

While I'm not quite as excited as you - though I think the packaging on the box is great! - I am looking forward to seeing how Harry's story comes to a close.

Popular Posts