my official certificate of dorkiness arrived this morning

So I'm snoozing in bed this morning, enjoying that awake-but-not-quite feeling, still undecided as to when I may actually be getting up, when the doorbell rings. 8:30 on a Saturday morning, and someone is ringing the doorbell. Huh. I'm not answering that.

But wait. It's Saturday. Saturday, July 21. That means - oh, that's the UPS guy downstairs! So I jump out of bed, pull on my pajama bottoms, slide my glasses on and trot down the stairs, all to the sound of the UPS truck idling outside. I open the door, and there it is.



It's my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! Yay. It's here. And yes, I realize I might be a total dork for being this excited about, of all things, what is technically a children's book. But for the record - I don't care. I have my book, and that makes me happy. So if you'll excuse me, I have some reading to do.

Where I am: Pennsylvania
What I'm reading: um, duh!


edited 7:15 p.m....the great thing about spending the day at the pool is that it meant I had the perfect venue to sit and read. So I sunned and read for about four hours, ran a couple of errands on my way home, and then parked myself on the couch to finish reading what is a really great end to the series. I won't spoil it (because that would just be mean!)...instead I'll simply recommend reading Karen's great summary of possible endings , some of which do happen; and say that it's amazing how JK Rowling answered the big questions that have spanned the series while incorporating wonderful details that may have been forgotten otherwise. Wow.

Comments

Miss B said…
Happy reading, Colleen! But please, no spoilers - I'm only on Book 5. I have 5 books to finish from my current library trip before I can pick it up.

While I'm not quite as excited as you - though I think the packaging on the box is great! - I am looking forward to seeing how Harry's story comes to a close.

Popular Posts