the end absolutely justifies the means!

When I was planning this week's trip to Boston, I decided to drive. From Pennsylvania to Boston is only about seven hours, I was told...and that seemed like a long enough drive to be interesting, but not so long as to be tedious. So I made the arrangements for my rental car, and was looking forward to some down time on the road.

What I forgot about was this:


This is the George Washington Bridge in NYC...and I completely forgot what a pain in the neck it is to get to I-95 North using this route. Today it took me almost two hours to get from the last NJ turnpike tollbooth to the New York side of the bridge...a total distance of oh, three miles. Blah.

But to get here:


was totally worth it. The minute I stepped out of my car, I felt a little bit like I was home. Nevermind that I haven't lived in the Boston area since 2001...or that I only lived here for ten months...or that I didn't get to fully explore all the sights and neighborhoods this city has to offer. I simply love being in this city, and it feels so good to be here!

Where I am: Boston, MA!

Comments

And Boston welcomes you - hope you'll get a chance to enjoy some of the lovely spring weather before the rain moves in.

We can explore on Saturday, though I must warn you, I'm not the best Boston tour guide....but I love the city, too, so I have fun no matter where I go!

Popular Posts