this is me, laughing at my life

So I found out this afternoon that I have another first date in my future…which is good.

It’s going to be a double date with the mutual friends who are setting us up, and I’ve actually met the guy before (twice)…which is comforting.

Now here's the part where I start laughing:

It’s happening in a month…which is totally amusing to me!

I find this amusing for a number of reasons.

Because it’s the perfect gauge of how cool this guy may or may not be, that I don’t have a free weekend until the middle of April, and he’s still interested.

Because it’s an interesting sign of things to come if this date goes well and we click, since the other reason we’re scheduling for mid-April is because he lives a few hours away and will need to plan to be in town.

Because it makes for some detailed conversations with the friends who are setting this whole thing up, as they try to coordinate three different calendars: mine, theirs and his.

Mostly, I find this amusing because if I can’t laugh at the silliness that is my life, then what's the point of living?

Where I am: Home

Comments

Popular Posts