life - one moment at a time

Absolutely love this quote:

"If you pay attention at every moment, you form a new relationship to time. In some magical way, by slowing down, you become more efficient, productive and energetic, focusing without distraction directly on the task in front of you. Not only do you become immersed in the moment, you become the moment."
(Michael Ray)

I found it last night in a new book I'm reading, and just connected with it. For the past couple of days, even when I'm not doing much of anything, I've felt so energized and so into life. And even though it was tough getting out of bed this morning, once I got to work, everything just started flowing. I'd been gone for nine days, and had so much to accomplish today...and yet, it felt almost effortless. From somewhere I don't really know, I've found a great focus...an ability to be present, and yet still be aware of what comes next on my to-do list in a way that moves me right along from one thing to the next...but without the monotony of just going through the motions. Don't know how long this wave of motivation and momentum will last, but I'm gonna enjoy the ride as long as I can!

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: The Big Picture by Stacy Julian

Comments

Popular Posts