such a sadness

If you watched or read the news this evening, you may have seen the horrific news coming out of Lancaster County, PA about the guy who barricaded himself inside a one-room Amish schoolhouse with almost a dozen young girls as hostages. When the police moved in, he shot the girls (killing at least three, and possibly more, depending on how the survivors fare under medical care) and then shot himself. Here, the news coverage has been immense, and it's just so sad. What started as an ordinary day for the children and teachers at that school turned into something beyond nightmarish for them and their families, and I cannot imagine the pain that community must be feeling tonight. Painted against the backdrop of the Amish culture that I've been learning about since I moved to PA, this tragedy seems even more disturbing. So tonight, please keep these families and their little girls in your thoughts and prayers.

Where I am: Home

Comments

Honestly, it is so disgusting and disturbing to me.

What is WRONG with people today?

I told my mom the other day - "Don't worry about me, I'm in Field Work Town. Nobody will come there."

But the truth of the matter is, if they're mentally ill, they'll come anywhere.

Even to Amish country.

I still can't believe it.

Popular Posts