every seasoned traveler makes a rookie mistake now and then

Note to self: Please pay better attention when scheduling trips one right after the other.

Having traveled all my life, and especially so much in the two and a half years that I've worked for my fraternity, I consider myself a pretty seasoned domestic traveler. It definitely helps that I love to fly, and I'm proud of being able to handle the occasional mishap of delayed or cancelled flights without too much stress. But let's face it...nobody's perfect. So as much as I travel, I was bound to make a silly mistake at some point.

Like schedule a flight to Texas at 7 a.m. on Monday morning after getting home from North Carolina on a flight that arrived around 11:30 p.m. on Sunday evening. Let's factor in the drive to and from my house respectively, and the recommended one-hour pre-departure window of time, and that leaves approximately four and a half hours to unpack from the first trip, do a quick load of laundry, pack for the second trip and oh, possibly get some sleep.

But who am I kidding? Sleep? Yeah right. I think I may just have to wait until I'm on the plane, and then follow that up with a nap when I get to Karen's tomorrow afternoon. So please excuse me...I have some packing to finish.

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: The Motorcycle Diaries by Ernesto Guevara

Comments

Popular Posts