a little star-struck

One of the things I've missed since being in Pennsylvania is the scrapbook store I shopped at in Texas, and the Creative Memories scrapbook workshops a friend of mine would host at her home. Because as much as I enjoy scrapbooking in its own right, it was sometimes nice to work on my albums at group events....totally loved the company of other creative women and the sharing of ideas and feedback.

Then I saw a story in the local weekly paper about a scrapbook benefit for Relay for Life being held this past Saturday. For a small fee, you could attend a day-long scrapbook workshop that included lunch, snacks, door prizes and a special guest appearance. Sounded like fun to me, and what better reason to scrapbook than for a good cause! Oh, and that guest appearance? Was by Lisa Bearnson. Lisa who? Lisa Bearnson. She is the founder of one of the major scrapbook magazines, and is a pretty big name in the scrapbooking world. And somehow (I never quite figured out how) the organizers of this benefit workshop arranged for her to visit. It was so awesome! She was there for a couple of hours, walking around to each table, chit-chatting with each scrapbooker and taking photos with everyone...


Definitely a small moment of star-struck celebrity awe! And the rest of the day was just as nice. I made a lot of progress in my albums, found a creative flow that meant I really love how my pages turned out, and spent the day in the company of some friendly and talented women. So happy to have that opportunity...to meet Lisa was the icing on the cake!

Where I am: Atlanta, GA

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are the coolest ever. How come I don't get to meet neat celebrities like you?
Dan said…
Happy Birthday!!

Popular Posts