reasons i'm liking pennsylvania

One of the things I like about moving to a new place is the opportunity to see and experience new things...sometimes, even the smallest details make a place interesting and comfortable. As I'm settling in to my new home in Pennsylvania, here are some of the things I'm enjoying...

...watching fireflies flying in the small patch of field behind my house in the evenings

...the sound of the horses pulling the Amish buggies along the road

...finding one of Dean Koontz's very early books (that I didn't even know about!) at the local library

...that the main road through downtown Lititz was completely closed off Saturday for a gigantic arts and crafts show

...a field of sunflowers that I get to drive by and marvel at every day

...having neighbors and actually getting to meet them, including the kids who say hi every time they see me

...spending time outside of work and work-related events with my co-workers

...believing that there's a reason for me to be here, in Pennsylvania, and looking forward to whatever lies ahead while I'm here.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: Life of Pi

Comments

Beautiful flowers.

I developed a second grade social studies unit on the Amish.

I thought I'd drive through Amish areas on my recent trip, but unfortunately, did not.

I'm incredibly fascinated by their culture - and jealous that you're so close to it.

Take some buggy pics for me!

Popular Posts