a much-needed quiet weekend

"Solitude is the single most healing thing there is."

I don't know who this quote comes from, but after a quiet and relaxing weekend spent mostly on my own, I feel the truth in it. Because this was the first weekend in about two months that I didn't have plans and big goings-on...and while all of those weekends have been great in one way or another, I was definitely in need of some downtime and me-time.

Thankfully, I got lots of both this weekend. It was a pleasant balance of getting things done in the house and lazing around. I got a lot of things put away that had been laying around, went to my first yoga class in two years, got my scrapbooking stuff unpacked and organized, set up my wireless connection (woo-hoo!), ran errands and went grocery-shopping...yet still got to sleep in yesterday and today, spend time in downtown Lititz (so quaint and cute!) at a crafts show, lay out for a couple of hours on my deck, treat myself to dinner and read from three different books. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Amazing what a couple of days decompressing mentally and emotionally can do to help this girl feel a little more normal and settled. The time on my own was exactly what I needed.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: The Life of Pi, and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Comments

FINN said…
Isn't it wonderful!

Glad you had the same wknd I had!

Now on to Monday!
~Finn
Quiet, hang out by yourself weekends are sometimes the best kind when you're coming off a busy stretch.

After finishing an entire summer of grad classes, I embarked on a three week break this weekend...and spent the first part lying on the beach listening to the waves break on shore.

So incredibly relaxing - glad you had the same.

Popular Posts