things we need to know about men

amusing excerpts from "36.5 Truths About Men: The surprising but universal things he wishes you knew now - so he won't have to explain them later", an article by Jonathan Small in last month's Women's Health:

"1. I don't want to talk about it. I want to figure it out."

"5. I will deny this to the death in front of my friends, but I love it when you grab my hand while we're standing in line at the movies."

"13. If you allow me to be my endearingly odd, occasionally twisted self around you, I'll always be there."

"20. It's totally refreshing when you can laugh at yourself. It also means that you're not laughing at me."

"21. I like it when other guys check you out, but not the other way around., (followed by) 22. Yes, this is a double standard."

"26. If you're going to compliment me, say you like my eyes, my smile or my killer biceps. I'm totally okay with being a piece of meat."

"32. Most of us are cowards when it comes to breaking up, so if it's not working out, do a brother a favor and end it first, okay?, (followed by) 33. But don't say it's because you're no longer attracted to me. It takes months to recover from that."

The entire list totally amuses me...as if guys think we girls need someone to tell us this stuff! Duh...we already knew all this!!

Comments

The Rube said…
As true as those may be, there are a few caveats that go along with each of them:
1. Just because I don't want to talk about it doesn't mean that you should.

5. However, making me say "I love you" over the phone to you in front of my friends crosses a line.

13. The oddness and twistedness that you found endearing? It'll never go away, regardless of how old it gets, despite what you might try to do to change us.

20. It's good when you laugh at yourself because then it's less awkward when I do it too.

21. Just don't let us know how much YOU enjoy other guys checking you out.

26. Telling us how much you like our bodies is just as good (if not better) than saying "I love you".

32. Not only are we cowards, but we're sometimes stupid as well. If it's not working you may want to drop subtle hints...
Anonymous said…
That is a great list! GREAT! I laughed my ass off.

Popular Posts