bragging on a friend

One thing that defines a good friendship to me is the ability to give each other a hard time, razz on each other a little, and yet know it's all in good fun. Even serious conversations are likely to include some jokes and smart remarks. But for one brief moment, I'd like to set all joking aside and tell you how proud I am of my friend Dave.

Last night was the opening reception for the latest juried exhibition at The Arts Alliance Center at Clear Lake...and Dave was one of 97 artists invited to exhibit work. Out of 284 pieces submitted for juried selection, only 146 were chosen...and two of those were his photos. It was beyond cool to see his work hanging in the gallery, and I can only imagine how rewarding it must be for him, to be recognized for his talent and effort.

So if you're in the Clear Lake area between now and August 3, stop by the gallery and take a moment to enjoy some amazing art...including a couple of really beautiful photos by a guy named Dave Rubin. Not in the Clear Lake area? Take a look here. And while you're there, heap as much praise on his photos as you'd like...the more he hears, the easier it will be for him to justify buying an even better camera.

Where I am: Home

Comments

The Rube said…
Now you're just trying to make me blush... :)

But you forgot to mention the "help Dave buy a new camera" fund. People should feel free to send me a check (for any amount) to help me support my habit.

But, yes, all joking aside, I appreciate your kind words. It means more to me to hear that from my friends than to see it the photos hanging in a gallery.

Popular Posts