The perfect contradiction

That's how I would describe Girls' Weekend in Myrtle Beach last weekend: the perfect contradiction. It was such a relaxing three days, and yet when I told a friend what we did, his first reaction was "Sounds like a busy weekend." Looking back, I suppose it was...but it certainly didn't feel like it at the time.

There ended up being four of us. There was me and my dear friend Catt, who means the world to me and whom I miss spending time with.



And there were her friends Kari and Christine. These are two women from Catt's boyfriend's circle of friends (which is actually more like an extended family...but that's a story all in itself!), whom Catt has gotten to know in the three years that she and her boyfriend have dated.



That made me a little nervous, that the only person I really knew going into the weekend was Catt...but she and I go waaaay back, so I trust her taste in people. Kari and Christine ended up being wonderful women whom I quickly felt comfortable around; and I totally appreciated their ability to talk about "the gang" without making me feel left out of the conversation. In fact, they were kind of amusing, filling me in on who was who, deciding who they wanted to hook me up with, and so on. But I digress...

Because it was such a relaxing weekend, I've struggled with how to explain what we did. Because yes, we went sightseeing and shopping and out to eat at yummy places...but what I'll always remember the most about this weekend was spending time with friends old and new, and the comfort that offered. The simple act of sitting around chatting - whether it was about people we knew or the tv shows we're wrapped up in - was wonderful, even moreso because I'm far enough away from close friends like Catt that I don't get to spend that kind of time with them very often. Lately, I only see friends at a wedding or for one night as I'm passing through town...so having a few days completely set aside for "friends time" was bliss.

But I know someone is out there saying, "I don't care about bliss...I just want to know what you did", so here's the rundown, otherwise known as "Sleepeybear's guide to a weekend in Myrtle Beach": shopping at Barefoot Landing and Tangers Outlet, dinner at Joe's Crab Shack, Ripley's Aquarium, shopping at Broadway at the Beach, dinner at Yokoso Japanese steakhouse, breakfast at Hot Stacks, and Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. Good times all around, and a good itinerary for a somewhat rainy weekend.

And while there are a lot of great pics from our busy yet relaxing three days, there is one absolutely fabulous picture that must be shared.



This is me, Catt and a tiger cub named Murga. Yes, that's a real tiger cub...and yes, we're really holding her! This was Friday afternoon, while we were waiting for Kari and Christine to arrive, and it pretty much guaranteed that our weekend would be memorable. Because no matter what else we did, we got to hold a tiger cub!

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: just finished The Stand by Stephen King

Comments

Anonymous said…
I want a pet tiger now. He is so cute!

Popular Posts