The Sleepeybear Theory of Time

Also known as How to Not Be Horrified at How Late It Is. It goes something like this:

"If the bear refuses to look at a clock while working late, the bear can not be hampered in her work efforts by the subconscious obstacles that may arise if the bear were consciously aware of the extremely late hour."

In other words - if you don't look at the clock, you don't know it's late. Or in this case, ridiculously late. Because yes, the little time stamp you see down at the bottom is correct! That's what happens when the chapter doesn't start its meeting until 10 p.m....the meeting that includes taking their National Exam AND electing officers and committee chairs for next year. Three and a half hours later, we still weren't quite finished but adjourned to ensure the students could catch the buses back to their residence halls...which was good, because I still had paperwork to do...two hours worth, as it turns out!

But believe it or not, my little theory actually worked! Time flew, I finished my paperwork, and I'm now heading to bed for a few hours of sleep...although it's weird to think that, elsewhere in the hotel, people are probably getting up about now.

Where I am: New Brunswick, NJ
What I'm reading: the clock!

Comments

The Rube said…
Welcome to my sometimes world of going to work at 11pm and leaving at 7am. I hope you were more coherent at 4am than I usually am...

Popular Posts