Moments

Every day is made up of lots of moments...some noteworthy, some forgettable. Today...was full of some fun (or at the very least, laughable) moments.

* like the moment when I almost had coffee spilled on me in the airplane...and at 6:30 in the morning, no less.

* like the moment when I got a glimpse of maternal domesticity, when the rental car company gave me a mini-van. Yes, I'm driving a mini-van for three days. At least it's a cool blue color.

* like the moment when I had to bite my tongue, so as not to say something snarky when the rental agent asked if I was wearing a t-shirt that said "San Diego" because that's where I was from. Because that wouldn't be totally cheesy or dorky or anything.

* like the moment of total hilarious flashback when Z-100 played DJ Kool's "Let Me Clear My Throat" this afternoon on my way to dinner.

* like the moment of anticipation when I picked up the cake for a chapter's induction tonight.

* like the moment of pure pride and awe when I got to see 36 students inducted as brothers into "my" first official chapter.

* like the moment of happiness when I thought about the trips I get to take in the next few weeks to see old friends.

"Yeah, I live for little moments like that."

Where I am: New Brunswick, NJ
What I'm reading: The Face by Dean Koontz

Comments

The Rube said…
I have a t-shirt that says "New York" on it...

Congrats on the new chapter. Glad to know you're keeping the fraternity strong.
W&MGrad said…
This is a wonderful post! I just wandered over to your site via The Rube...what a great outlook on life!

Popular Posts