"Hoppy" Easter!



...and other tidbits from a relatively quiet weekend:

- Sleeping until ten on a Saturday morning because you feel like it (and not because you need it) is nice...add in getting to eat breakfast outside on my balcony under a beautiful blue sky, and it's a pretty fabulous way to start the day!

- Being able to take anything I'm working on out to the balcony...be it crafts, lunch or a good book...keeps that fabulous day moving right along. Thank goodness for real springtime weather in southeast Texas!

- I saw"Thank You for Smoking" yesterday...good movie, with great intelligent humor! Definitely one I'd recommend to friends (and others).

- However, having worked in residence life and dealt with my fair share of fire alarms, I would not recommend the theater people for handling emergencies well. There was apparently a minor fire on one side of the theater complex...so the alarms go off (yes, in the middle of the movie) and we leave the auditorium only to be told by staff members to go back in and keep watching the film. Two minutes later, the film is stopped and a staff member comes in asking us to evacuate the building. Could you make up your mind already?!?

- You know how you hear a song on the radio and automatically reach to turn the volume up? Because you just have to hear every single note? I've developed a minor addiction to the latest Shakira song, "Hips Don't Lie", and can't resist turning it up! The song totally rocks!

- Best of all is having the to-do list done by 6 p.m. on Sunday evening, including the packing for tomorrow's trip to Rutgers. Normally, I leave the packing until a hectic couple of hours before bedtime, but now I can spend the last bit of the day in the quiet, laidback manner I've relished all weekend long.

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: The Mask by Dean Koontz

Comments

Popular Posts