One down, one to go!

While in grad school, I accumulated quite a bit of student loan debt...that tends to happen when you choose an expensive private university. Thankfully, my living expenses were covered (which in Boston was a huge benefit!), but I still had one large loan for tuition (which I will be paying off for many years to come) and another smaller loan I took to cover some other fees and expenses.

So I was kinda psyched last month when I sent in one last sum to pay off the smaller loan. I was even more psyched when I got this letter in the mail today:

"We are pleased to inform you that loan #123 is paid-in-full. It has been a pleasure to assist you with your education financing needs."

I feel like such a grown-up. I don't know why, but there's something very rewarding about paying off a debt like that all on my own. Even better, I already have solid plans for the money I was using each month for my loan payments...I'm gonna stash it in my IRA. How financially responsible am I?! Okay, overall, maybe not so much...but this seems like a good start.

Where I am: Home

Comments

thwany said…
that's awesome. congrats on being debt free... or at least that one particular debt.
Anonymous said…
having one less bill to pay is always good. And now you can make your money work FOR you! :) I had slacked off with my new job, didn't sign up for a 401k and hadn't been contributing to my IRA. Silly me. And then I got walloped by the IRS, so I'm changing my attitude and contributing and distributing.
Anonymous said…
Hooray for you!! Way to go!

Popular Posts